Its Wednesday hell yea Friday is around the corner!!!
I’ve been thinking about my blog, design, post, content, readership, and such a lot lately. Of course it would be great to have a billion readers and have people send me things for free to try but I’m thinking maybe that’s not me. Or at least not now. Some one left an anonymous comment noting that wellness Wednesday would never get me readers and I say SUCK IT! I have to stay true to me so here it is…
Wellness is a term used to describe a healthy balance in the mind body and spirit. For the purpose of this post I want to talk about life balance.
I HAVE NONE LOL. It seems something always suffers. I am a mother, therapist, fiancé, sister, aunt, full time grad student, new gym rat, friend, and my commitments seem endless. I always feel like there is not enough time in the day as Im sure most women do.
So what do we do about that? How can I have it all? Or can we have it all? I prioritize but it seems something is always neglected. For example at work, when I do all my treatment plans I forget about my discharge summaries. At home if I clean up the house, the laundry is either not done or not put away. Lets say Im just busting with energy (never) and Im on top of my game at work and at home, my school work suffers. How do we create that balance?...
Its different for everyone but here it what has started working for me…
1. PRAY!!!- To God, brother rock, Buddha, Allah, Your Higher power, whomever helps you be a better you
2. Accept that you can’t do it all *You mean Im not Super Woman in real life?*
3. Take personal time outs- this is also known as gym/workout in the living room and hog the big TV time
4. Figure out what is important and put this at the TOP of the list- MY FAMILY
5. Make a to do list- USE the to do list- on your phone, in your purse, on the fridge wherever
6. Get a freakin schedule- now the real trick is sticking to it LOL
7. If you are a procrastinator give yourself extra time- I seriously have like 4 alarms set because I like to lay there until the last possible minute
8. Get some rest!!!
9. DO NOT try to cram EVERYTHING into Saturday or you end up not feeling rested at all
10. Delegate- let the boo, and the kiddos help out around the house, just know it wont be perfect
11. Light Candles and drink Wine- on cheat day!
So there you have my personal Wellness plan. I make mistakes and don’t stick to it sometimes but these main things keep me from going postal and make others believe I have it all figured out. What about you?