Ok in an effort to be positive and get back to me let’s do some wellness…
Recently I have had a barrage of clients who “can’t sleep” and it’s weird because I too have been unable to sleep this week. However I know the rules of good sleep hygiene. So let me share them with you:
· NO Caffeine after 12pm- seriously I know for some of us on the go moms, and women in general around 2 its like uggh I need that second cup but if bedtime is an issue you should really refrain.
· No scary/mystery movies at bedtime if you are fearful of a situation (especially if you have PTSD)
· Exercise is important- is gives you energy but also helps you sleep well, weird I know but eh that’s what the books I read say
· NO DISTRACTIONS in bed- now I personally read, tweet, blog, and read blogs in bed but when sleep is an issue as it has been this week that is a major NO NO. when you lay down you want your mind to tell your body its ok to shut down not stay up and keep doing this random stiff I am trying to fit in my day
· No bright lights or loud music- I would say only use wordless music since music has the tendency to bring up memories
· Have a bed time ritual (ok moms you did it for the kiddos maybe you need on)- do the same thing over and over and your brain will learn that it is bed time- try soothing lotions and soaps. I love Lavender scents when I have a hard time sleeping
· Do not take naps
· Have a set bed and wake time, it will help regulate your body
This list is not a cure all and I know some of it wont work for you but its worth a try. Have a great day!!!